"You're a disappointment too..."

Turns out a cool website I worked for turned into the hard right today after a funny story was posted subjectively commenting on the sick state of American society and it’s obsession wtih celebrity.

Let’s sum up for those of you playing along at home:

Dave Matthews got married, and his wife got pregnant. If you need an explanation, call home and say to your parent(s) “yo yo yo, tell me about the birds and the bees!”

So, nancies.org never posted about this because it was “rumor”. Forget that it was carried in various trade magazines and all over the net. We’re above that. We’re better than that. We don’t comment on rumor because then we look like a fan site. (someone refresh my memory of what nancies.org is supposed to be again?)

So this morning we start getting TONS of emails

“Ohmigoddavematthewshadtwinsandidon’tknowtheirnamesandohmigod?” {breathe!!!!}

So, a news story goes up. One person complains on our boards there. Most people say what is right:

It’s nobody’s fucking business but Dave Matthews and his friends/family

Just because you buy his albums does not make you friend and or family. The story has since been changed, and I’m ready to throw in the towel on the site. I’m just sick of it being so damn conservative, so fucking predictable all the time. It’s more predictable than Castro crashing (as Ron so eloquently equated to Mariah Carey on unpoetic.nu).

It’s a dog eat dog world and I’m wearing Milk Bone underwear. Send in the clowns.

dude, don't those chafe?

but fo' real: ):

2. Hankins says:

I hate a lot of people. I called a stranger an f-in moron today in the parking lot of a drug store because he left his cart in the middle of the parking lot for someone to hit. He didn't "get" why I was calling him names. He didn't "get" the concept of why you shouldn't leave your cart behind someone's car for them to back into. I don't "get" a lot of people. Therefore, I just hate them. It's easier.

3. mays says:

hey, justin -- that seems to happen to you a lot.

well, a while ago it was an older lady in a parking lot (that pulled up in a lexus, if i remember correctly) that didn't say shit to you when you grabbed the cart (that was nearer to her ride than it was to yours) and put it in the gated collector jonst.

same story, just happening again?

4. hankins says:

I <strong>KNOW</strong>, right? Same place. Different assh0le.

5. cHRIS says:

I thought:

conservative=reactionary

not

conservative=predictable

although, now that I think about it. . .

6. alissa says:

intelligent, humorous, news-worthy stuff.

NOT freaky ohmigodthedavematthewsbandisGOD

why i like(d?) nancies.

shep was funny. if someone doesn't find that shit entertaining, there are plenty of other obsessive fan sites. THOSE sites make me embarrassed to admit i listen to dmb. i hope nancies doesn't turn into that.

oh no worries there. we won't be that, but we'll probably end up as the most cold, callous, bland news site on the planet at our current rate.

I think that's what makes nancies.org great. we're not a group of people so blind to the band that we can't be objective about if an album is good or not.

8. chrissy says:

what we are, however, is a group of people with a sense of humor that most of the fanbase relates to. what we are is a group of people with one or two members who are worried about what red light and coran capshaw will think about them if they see us making fun of the whole ridiculous cult. what we are is a group of people split down the middle between those who understand the difference between what was posted yesterday and constant discussion of masturbation on a setlist announce.

what we are is quickly becoming something i don't want to be associated with, any more.

9. ron says:

werd.

this will change. for the better.

as serpentor says: "this i command!"