48 hour film

Friday Night at 7pm, they draw genres. Everyone is given a character name/profession, a prop, and a line of dialogue. They then must write, shoot, edit, and print a film for a 7pm deadline (and 9pm screening) on Sunday.

So the character was Ignazio Del Fuego, a taxi driver. The prop was a Collander. And the line? “It’s all your fault.”

So the drawing commenced, and people pulled “Film Noir” or “Comedy” or “action” we went dead last and had two choices: Soap Opera or Western Musical. We didn’t know that was our other choice until after we drew. We got Soap Opera

I ended up getting the Ignazio Del Fuego character. yup. I acted. I also made a lookalike DC taxi driver’s license for a prop and I’m sure I broke various laws by driving with an eyepatch on (a way to get extra credit points).

I had a blast and Sunday I did posters while they edited. We were the only film to have a poster and it was definilty a fun time had by all. Rock the casbah. Hollywood here I come!

1. Nikki says:

That sounds AWESOME!! Super fun way to spend a weekend! :-)

2. Nikki says:

You should hit these folks up for some web work...they could use it!

3. cHRIS says:

ROK. That is easily the coolest story of the year. Sounds like a blast!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to finish that script for San Francisco stories.... werd.

5. dzsenike says:

This is a neat service, is it psbsiole to grab the images from your site using an API of sorts or would I have to use your service, save the image, and then upload it to my site?

6. Shannah says:

Hi Gabriel,I have incorporated CustomItemGenerator' into my pretjcos and now I want to work with automated unit testing using NUnit Framework on one of my project.When I access the properties (like CustomTextField) generated through CustomItemGenerator' in NUnit GUI it throws error, below is the stack trace of error -at Sitecore.Pipelines.RenderField.RenderFieldArgs..ctor()at Sitecore.Web.UI.WebControls.FieldRenderer.RenderField()at Sitecore.Web.UI.WebControls.FieldRenderer.Render()at CustomItemGenerator.Fields.BaseCustomField`1.get_Rendered()at CustomItemGenerator.Fields.SimpleTypes.CustomTextField.get_Text()But when I create my own properties (string type) in the same class (generated through CustomItemGenerator'), they are accessible in NUnit GUI.It would be great if you can provide some help on this problem.