Like Being Hit by a Truck

The damn wet dry cycle of weather here has sent my sinuses over the edge. I woke up with a bad case of tonsilitis. The doctor said it looked like someone put a blowtorch to the back of my throat. So I’m drugged up and attempting to recuperate. It might take me a while to get back to email/IM, but i’m around.

1. Mary says:

I hope you feel better soon John.Remember warm salt water gargles and that tylenol comes in elixir form if pills hurt too much. If this is strep it's very impoirtant to complete the antibiotic prescripion. {most people don't} rest eat sherbet and avoid a tonsillectomy at all costs. sorry I sound like a mom and a nurse but as they say if the shoe fits...

2. Mary says:

3. Malena says:

I had tonsilitis so many times they finally yanked my tonsils out. Nowadays, I feel like that is the reason I get so many colds - wish I had 'em back. I hope you get better soon. No more mountain dew until you feel better! ;)

4. cs says:

I will never complain of strep throat again. I have almost the same problem with my sinuses, except that I get migraines that make me nauseous. I used to get strep, when I was younger; now I get migraines.

Erythromycin or Amoxicillin all the way!

5. cokey says:

Well that'll learn ya never to go out to get fresh air again! What you really need, is a good dose of Southern California air. One temperature year round, and the air quality is always stagnant. Studies show that once again LA has the worst air quality in the nation. Damn I'm homesick.

you know what the really messed up thing about that is? our air is cleaner now than it has been in 10-15 years. ay yi yi.

7. Peacock says:

hope you come around soon, bobo.

don't let the man.. er.. tonsilitis hold you down.

8. Prince says:

| Jenn-glad you're getting back agsmnot us. Hope you'll be 100% soon.The things that throw my best-laid plans into a tizzy are usually related to my Mom. She is 87 and very healthy, but she's 87. I moved in with her last year so she wouldn't be living in this house alone after my Dad died. She was lonely and she loves having me here, but just hasn't totally gotten the idea that, Hey, I'm working here. I am her computer fixer-upper, her lawn care expert and other things I managed to wrestle away from her-things no 87-year-old should be doing.Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is why I moved here. Here's some compromises I made.I get up at an ungodly hour-usually 5 am. Fortunately for me, my prime time is the morning so I use that time until Mom gets up (around 7:30 or 8 am) to bang out as much productive work as I can.Last week she had a test for upcoming knee replacement surgery that had her worried. The joy of being a freelancer is I could rearrange my schedule to blow off Thursday, the day of the test. Turns out I got a lot done because I took my laptop and sat in the waiting room for the 2 1/2 hour test and cranked out a bunch of client blog posts-no email or internet distraction!I wish I could say it always goes smoothly, but then you would know I was fibbing. I only have one mother and Lord knows she does plenty for me. Home cooked meals, for one-spoiled!