say what?

Well, it’s official. I have mild to moderate noise-induced hearing loss in both ears. I’m going to get custom ear plugs made. Note kids: wear earplugs doing anything with loud stuff. Concerts, mowing the lawn, sitting at the end of the runway at an airport, etc.

1. will schlick says:

huh? what? anyway, I know where you're coming from... I haven't been tested,but I'm pretty sure that I'm in the same boat as you, if not worse. It's serious business, folks. sorry to hear of your diagnosis, john, but hopefully you can nip this in the bud before it gets too serious

2. Mary says:

Welcome to the hearing impaired club John.I'm struggling with this right now and my options are hearing aids for both ears.For me it's an heredity thing{make sure you look up your family tree}. I can't believe how expensive they are almost five thousand dollars for the digital ones. and health insurance doesn't cover any part. I struggle with the phone and I blast the tv but you can get special headsets which make a huge difference. Good luck

3. Waldo says:

How odd. Just this week, the hearing in my left ear started to go. (Courtesy of <a href="http://www.waldo.net/menieres/" rel="nofollow">Meniere's Disease</a>.) It's been years since I've been able to talk on the phone with my right year, because it quickly becomes painful, and all that I can hear is a roaring sound. Now that's happening in my left year, though not when I'm talking on the phone, but quasi-randomly, even in complete silence. Bummer.

4. kolonay says:

Bobo and the rest,

Nothing but sympathy on this front. I can't even begin to imagine what this must be like for all of you. I'm fortunate and have experienced no loss as of yet, but these days I am far more careful. Best of luck to all of you, and hopefully things will work out as well as they can...

5. Joaovitorho says:

- Found your blog through Freckled Nest. i love the cmraea straps in your etsy shop and this journal is inspiring! your Joy bingo-type cover reminds me of my mom. your post inspires me to create my own december art journal. ^_^ thanks for sharing!

6. Hugo says:

admin hovored:Žiadny ritue1l. Mysledm si, že je na prvfd poh?ad jasne9, o ?o sa jedne1, tak preto som nevysvet?oval ni? poodbrne. Vo viacerfdch šte1toch Afriky majfa akfatny nedostatok vody a nie to ešte nejake9 vane, ?i sprchy. Len som chcel, aby ste si touto fotkou d?a predstavili, ako to tam asi vypade1.