[Song 30]

This is a tune that came from the Boboroshi and Kynz track that had started called “”media/audio/john/ShadowStyle.mp3">Shadow Style“. I’m currently working on tracking guitars and cleaning up the backing sequences and should have it up pretty soon. You can hear the working background track ”media/audio/john/song30prepmix.mp3">here. Name suggetsions are welcome.

[Song 30]

Screaming at you across the wire
Windmills spin
Weapons Fire
Hold your head beneath the waves
I told you this is
Diplomacy

I didn’t mean to put you on
I’ll sell my star
I’ll dream on

Signals spawn a sinking prize
Tears in waves
Minds on fire
Jumping in behind your lines
From any view
I’m bound to lie

I didn’t mean to put you on
I’ll sell my star
I’ll dream on

Oh say, that was not so long ago
Oh say, that was not so long ago

I’m staying home this evening
I’m hooked up to your tee vee
I’m staying home this evening
I’m hooked up to your tee vee
I’m staying home this evening
I’m hooked up to your tee vee
I gave up all my liberty
For national security

I smell the whiskey on your breath
I fear the chain unbroken yet
I didn’t mean to put you on
I’ll sell my star
I’ll dream on

1. Conor says:

I'm not sure I understand these lyrics correctly, just what are you trying to say? And for some reason your music, it sounds like one continuous loop.

as for the loop, It's a backing loop, the other instruments get laid overtop of it along with vocals. the first one (shadow style) was a four repeat loop.

As for lyrics, people are going to assume what they want about them. It could be about a relatinoship, it could be a political statement, it could be a statement about the 24 hour shitnewscasting of CNN. Maybe it's all of it combined. Maybe it's none of it at all.

3. Christina says:

I'm not one for actually naming songs, but the feeling I got from your lyrics and your musical loop, was "24-7".
    Whether it was about a relationship, a political statement, or CNN, that pretty much covers it.
    1. feeling bereft because someone didn't realize my potential as a possible mate.
    2. I'm a republican, but I don't really understand what "republican" means, but I'm all for taking over other countries because they're evil, and that's what I've been told to do.
    3. The only good thing about CNN is Anderson Cooper, and I think that's across the board, and unless I know you even less than I think I do, it has more to do with the accessability of information, and our obsession with it.
    Not that AC isn't the hottest guy to come on TV (except for the nancies.org accepting the VH1 Fan award :) ), but really?!?

4. kolonay says:

That is brilliant Christina...

(save the AC section of course)

5. shep says:

I can kind of see why you'd call it "Shadow Style" -- it's reminiscent of stuff Shadow did for the Dark Days soundtrack, though by no means identical. It's got the same heavier/darker feel to it.

6. Lins says:

Everybody keep hyperventilating over the video caapiblity, but completely ignoring the audio While I completely understand (and agree) that the benefit of Ogg Theora over the main proprietary alternative (Adobe Flash video) is its legally-free nature rather than the technology itself, it does seem to be the case and please correct me if I'm wrong here that at a given bit rate Flash video will tend to be higher quality than the same video in Theora at the same rate.On the other hand, Ogg Vorbis audio in my experience not only is Legally Free as well, but also is a step up in quality from its main proprietary alternative (mp3) at the same bitrate in my experience. I'm surprised that there's been no real mention of this. I think it's a serious selling-point. Being able to post homebrew audio Legally Free, in a much simpler manner then the proprietary alternative (<audio> tag vs. the obnoxious <embed>/<object>-with-embedded-player-and-plugin) AND have the result be higher quality is an unambiguous improvement.(I think Theora would have done better if Xiph hadn't ended up delegating it to one guy who was too busy to work on it most of the time for 8 years before finally releasing it )

7. Nura says:

that, I wonder wehhter any codec has any real hope. Whether we like it or not the threat of submarine (or not so submarine) patents is real. For large companies, the risk is real. H264 is well implemented enough that for most providers the risk is far less. Yes it's possible there's something (it always is) but if you haven't come out of the woodwork to sue Sony, Apple, (soon) Microsoft, et al, who are you going to sue? With Theora who has there been to sue? Wikimedia? Now Mozilla? A few small Korean companies and some small game producers? No one worth your while (remembering you may only have one shot at it). Most of them don't have the resources plus sueing a nonprofit is never likely to go down well (people care far less if you sue Apple, Nokia or Microsoft, indeed some may even support you David vs Goliath and all that). Whether we like it or not, it's a real risk with the current patent system