Looking at 2008
And another year! Looking back at my press points from last year, let’s review and then look ahead.
1. Get in shape by March
Well, I lost some weight, and I started eating much healthier (mainly due to joining a community supported agriculture program). But I’m not in shape. Still working on this one tho. I did reduce the amount of carbonated beverages dramatically in December and have stuck with it in January so far.
2. Showcase with Honor by August and hopefully get signed
Showcase we did. Numerous times. Signed we have not. However, this is progressing well and we shall see what happens.
3. Stabilize the team at work
The team did stabilize pretty well, but the corporate shake ups and mandatory lay-offs more or less decimated what we had created as a group of creatives. I quit the company in late August/early September as Honor by August was spending more time out on the road and I had some great freelance opportunities which have become Hyphenated People.
4. Balance work and non-work life better
FAIL. I just took on more work. Trying for this one again, but making it more of an actionable thing. To RELAX.
5. Get Kory’s film into production
Well, it almost happened with us attached. We had some serious interest from a small studio that was interested in procuring large scale financing, but by that point, the west coast team had already started moving with other options. My sister and I left the project at that point. You can check out a cool teaser trailer online at whitetigerlegened.com.
6. Finish the Rotoscope record
Haven’t been able to get back in the studio since last February. But I did finish the Boboroshi & Kynz record, and I’m working on getting the Roto record wrapped before summer.
7. Celebrate life a little more.
Most definitely did this. While working even :)
So let’s look at this year. A little more nebulous…
- The carryovers: Exercise, Rock n Roll. Roto record.
- Be prepared (Get back to that Coast Guard/Boy Scout upbringing)
- Clean out the junk in these boxes I haven’t seen in a year
- Expand the balcony garden
- Learn to shoot (yes, a weapon)
Hope you all had a great holiday and here’s to a fun and successful 2008!