SXSW and the Flash Mob Party

Gary Vaynerchuk is one of our clients and a brilliant promoter and people person. While down here at SXSW this weekend, he got fed up with the crap lines outside the overcrowded official parties and sent out a ping:

"Huge free wine event at mariott lobby …. Sorry 16 bit"

…and the masses showed up mighty quick As the article says, it wasn’t on the event listings, it wasn’t an official party, and it got shut down by the hotel for being too loud. And it was one of the most enjoyable parties of the week.

Now that, my friends, is how rockstars do it.

1. Nick Carter says:

That's pretty friggin' great. Wish I'd been there. Karen went. How'd your presentation go? I'm living the Rails life and trying not to smile too much. Wish I could hit RailsConf (a coworker or two is headed there on the company's dime...)

Keep in touch!

-Nick.

2. Aurora says:

reduces a song to the size of a pin drop. What the * is that sspuoped to mean? He would like it better if the music was recorded as slots cut into slabs of granite and played by a bird beak, like in the Flintstones? That you have to get up and turn over every 15 minutes?Sure, uncompressed music played on large heavy equipment installed in quiet rooms with good acoustics sounds better.In the real world that is not often one of the choices.But his comments probably make sense to a professional musician if that is what he still is.

3. Pharmd684 says:

Hello! cdegcfg interesting cdegcfg site! I'm really like it! Very, very cdegcfg good!

4. Pharme58 says:

Very nice site!

5. Pharmk357 says:

Hello! eedbbck interesting eedbbck site! I'm really like it! Very, very eedbbck good!

6. Pharmd746 says:

Very nice site!

7. Pharma10 says:

Hello! bkbfeae interesting bkbfeae site! I'm really like it! Very, very bkbfeae good!